||Neighborhood Justice Center
330 South Third Street, Suite 600
Las Vegas, NV 89101
(702) 455-3898 Voice • (702) 455-3652 Fax
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Closed daily from 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Mediation is a voluntary conflict resolution process in which a neutral third party helps disputants reach a mutually satisfactory agreement. A unique feature of mediation which makes it different from litigation, arbitration or counseling, is that the mediator does not render any decision or recommend any action. The parties come to their own agreement. The role of the mediator includes reducing the obstacles to communication, maximizing the exploration of alternatives, and addressing the needs of those involved and affected. Parties tend to be much more satisfied with the results of mediation than litigation.
Why use the NJC Mediation Process?
- Success: Approximately 76% mediated disputes result in a written agreement.
- Effectiveness: Mediated agreements are more likely to be fulfilled than court orders.
- Cost: There is no cost.
- Timeliness: We are ready to mediate when you are.
- Convenience: We can schedule a mediation at a safe, convenient location.
- Privacy: Mediations are conducted privately and confidentially.
How do I get started?
- Call (702) 455-3898 and speak with our receptionist.
- Give the following information: name, address, telephone number, brief description of the situation.
- Neighborhood Justice Center Request for Mediation form.
- Receive a call from a case manager who will ask you:
- to explain your situation
- what you have tried
- what you would like to do
- if you are interested in mediation
- for information on the other party
- The case manager will discuss your options with you and if you are interested in going forward with mediation, he/she will contact the other party to offer mediation.
- A mediation will be scheduled.
- mediation will be held that will typically last from 2-4 hours.
All mediations are conducted by well-trained, neutral NJC mediators. NJC mediators are present to mediate on the day of court at Small Claims sessions in Las Vegas, Henderson, North Las Vegas and other courts by request.
THE NJC DOES NOT PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE OR AN ATTORNEY